Welcome to Green Dog!
The Job: Veterinarian
Description: We'd describe it here, but if you're reading this, you know what a Veterinarian does. So here are some other facts about being a Vet at Green Dog.
- 4 Days per week schedule. (8-9 Hour Days)
- Full Salary (no calculus required)
- Bonus (Based on individual and company performance)
- See more benefits below
We are known for Dentistry, but have plenty of General Wellness appointments daily to balance it out. We have a board certified Internist and Cardiologist on staff, extensive imaging facilities, and a brand new barista quality espresso machine.
But before you apply, it’s important you get to know who we are as people and what we believe. Take the time to decide if we are the kind of people you’d like have lots of coffee with.
WHY DOES GREEN DOG EXIST?
Green Dogs mission is to create optimal animal healthcare and wellness through an Employee-First model of operation. A model where animal medicine is the result of great people-care first.
We Believe there are 3 Key Areas of total wellness and 3 Key Elements of great animal care.
Key Elements of Animal Care
- The Medicine
- The Client
- The Employee
Key Areas of Total Wellness
- Physical Health
- Mental Health
- Emotional Health
Every Area and Element must be treated equal at all times to obtain optimal Animal Care.
We believe that great Animal Care comes from the Employee, Client and Animal being in the best possible Mental, Emotional, and Physical Health. Since the employee is the renderer of both the Client Experience and the Medicine, their total Wellness must be ensured.
WHAT DOES GREEN DOG BELIEVE?
Simply put: Making Employees' Work Lives Easier Creates the Best Version of Animal Care
Cultivating an environment of human-first well being and giving employees the best tools to do their work while reducing reliance on inefficient processes is a great way to improve everyone's experience.
WHO DO WE LOOK TO RECRUIT AND HIRE?
Green Dog constantly reviews, assesses, and receives feedback from existing team members to identify core attributes in our best employees. We’ve come to find that without these 6 nothing else matters.
- Growth Driven
In addition to our Core Attributes, we expect 6 things from every employee:
GREEN DOG A-GREEN-MENTS
First we must agree that “A-Green-Ment” is an awesome play on our name. Agreed? Great!
We are all in this together. The following a-green-ments are ones we expect all employees to make with Themselves .Each team member should hold themselves accountable to these a-green-ments first, then those around you.
- I agree to be inclusive and respect everyone. No prerequisites for kindness.
- I agree to prioritize my own and my coworkers' mental, emotional, and physical wellbeing at all times.
- I agree to be open and honest about my current state with teammates in a respectful manner.
- I agree to show up for my teammates. I am committed to group effort.
- I agree to respectfully ask for time and space when needed.
- I agree to utilize all resources at my disposal to constantly seek self improvement.
If you’ve reached this point, and still believe we are the kind of people you’d like to work alongside, we’d love to hear from you.
- Outpatient Only, No Holidays, Not a 24 Hour Practice, Flexible Shifts
- No Emergency
- Desirable Locations (Santa Monica + Sherman Oaks)
- New 10,000 sqft. Facility by the beach in Venice
- Mentorship in Internal Medicine, Dentistry, and Cardiology
- Amazing Work/Life Balance
- Paid Parking
- Easy Going Approach (Animal Care is stressful enough as-is)
- Competitive Salary and Bonus commensurate with experience
- Lifestyle focused Benefits package including:
- Continued Education
- Generous European Inspired PTO
- Travel Opportunities
- Medical, Dental Insurance
- Bonus Opportunity
- And more...
- State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing with the state
- Team oriented approach to medical care
We hope to hear from you soon!